MassHire Connecting Activities Coordinator Job Description (Full Time – 40 hours)
Connecting Activities (CA) is a Department of Elementary and Secondary Education initiative that leverages a statewide infrastructure to support college and career readiness for all students. CA is a line item in the state budget that establishes public-private partnerships through the 16 local MassHire Workforce Boards to connect schools and businesses. The initiative provides structured work-based learning experiences for students that support both their academic and employability skill attainment.
Connecting Activities enables staff to recruit employers; prepare and place students in brokered work-based learning opportunities; and structure those experiences through the Massachusetts Work-Based Learning Plan. Through CA, students participate in a range of career-related activities that increase their career readiness and support their academic skill gain.
This position reports directly to the Youth Manager who will train in all aspects of the Connecting Activities Program. CA Coordinator duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to the Youth Program Manager to ensure efficient operation of the program.
- Effectively be able to communicate the services provided by the MassHire Career Center to all area schools.
- Will be asked to assist in the coordination of meetings with strategic key stakeholders from across the region. This will be done in partnership with One SouthCoast Chamber and the MassHire Career Center.
- Create, collaborate and execute Career Development Programming with the Youth Team. Examples include the delivery of workshops and other career related activities to students at our partner schools.
- Develop and collaborate with employer and community partners to raise awareness of the CA program and encourage businesses to sponsor year round internships. Collect and input internship and other CA data into various databases
- Other duties as mutually agreed upon by the Youth Manager.
- Associates Degree
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to operate office equipment, including multi-line telephone, fax machine, copy machine
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to pass a CORI
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong social media experience
- Bi-lingual – Spanish speaking preferred
Interested Applicants should forward resume with cover letter including salary requirements to: Deborah@masshiregreaternewbedford.com