We are seeking a Youth Program Coordinator who will play a crucial role in providing support and technical assistance to enhance the delivery of youth services in accordance with the Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain oversight of the youth database, ensuring accurate records of youth needs, services, and eligibility determinations under WIOA.
- Review WIOA Title 1 Youth intake/eligibility determinations and database for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with WIOA policies and procedures.
- Collaborate on the development of corrective action plans within the WIOA youth system and follow up as needed.
- Conduct field reviews of youth programs to identify effective practices and deficiencies.
- Engage with contracted youth service providers and MassHire Greater New Bedford Career Center Case Managers to establish and execute project timelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This role primarily involves indoor, environmentally controlled work settings with communication via electronic mail, telephone, and face-to-face discussions. Regular local travel is expected for meetings and youth monitoring visits.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, public administration, human services, or a related field, with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the youth services sector; OR an associate degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a youth service-related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office platforms.
- Competence in developing and maintaining effective social media networks for reaching a diverse youth population.
- Knowledge of state and federal youth programs and initiatives, including the systems and processes required to provide mandatory youth service elements mandated by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
- Strong communication skills, including active listening, speaking, critical thinking, and decision-making.
- Ability to manage one’s own time effectively and coordinate the time of others.
- Cultural sensitivity when working with a diverse population.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of young individuals and possess the qualifications and skills outlined above, we encourage you to apply for this impactful position. Join our team and help shape the future of youth services in compliance with WIOA.
MassHire Greater New Bedford provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
MassHire Programs & Services are funded in part by US Department of Labor (USDOL) Employment and Training Administration Grants as well as non-federal funded grants. (Additional details furnished upon request.)
Interested applicants should apply with a resume and cover letter stating salary requirements by 5 PM on November 21, 2023. Email applications to: Kyra Greco @ firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.