(OPEN TO IN & OUT OF HOUSE CANDIDATES)
POSITION TITLE: Deputy Director And Fund Developer
REPORTS TO: MassHire Merrimack Valley WB EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
JOB GRADE: 6 (non-union) – 35 Hours per Week
The MVWB Deputy Director and Fund Developer provides professional support to the MVWB Executive Director and guidance to MVWB staff as well as developing workforce programming and funding proposals and partner connections. The position involves policy and fund development; report submissions; the creation of strategic and annual plans; overseeing the career center through monitoring; and developing, promoting, coordinating, and monitoring initiatives for the region’s workforce development system. The MVWB Deputy Director and Fund Developer assists in developing and fostering a dynamic collaboration with Merrimack Valley employers to maximize public sector responsiveness to their workforce development needs and to fill workforce skill gaps. The Deputy Director and Fund Developer takes the lead in overseeing MVWB programs and staff and helps address other emerging issues as needed under the direction of the Executive Director.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Executive Director in formulating organizational goals and objectives.
- Assist the Executive Director in completing the Annual Plan, Labor Market Blueprint, High Performing Workforce Board Strategic Plan (Five-Year Local Workforce Development System Plan), and Requests for Proposals.
- Ensures One-Stop Career Centers operations and performance is monitored according to federal and state standards.
- Oversee fund development and draft grant proposal applications, coordinating with employers, contractors, staff, and MassHire partners to do so.
- Develop and promote workforce initiatives and opportunities, which bring together employers and job seekers and promotes access to career center services to promote employment and economic development.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with employers, regional business associations, and municipal economic development representatives to develop and promote the MassHire Merrimack Valley Workforce Board agenda.
- Maintain existing and develop new regional, sector-based, industry collaborations that reflect the critical and emerging industries as identified by the MassHire Merrimack Valley WB and MassHire partners.
- Provide or arrange Workforce Training Fund Program technical assistance and informational sessions for local businesses, including review, comment, and technical assistance with WTFP applications.
- Ensure that MassHire Merrimack Valley Career Centers adequately provide for the workforce development needs of veterans and individuals with special needs.
- Oversee the management of the approved vendor list for Individual Training Accounts (ITA) and coordinate and communicate with training vendors.
- Design and implement a strategy with staff to continually update and review provider training offerings. Offer technical assistance to vendors in program design aligned to local workforce training needs.
- Interpret, in conjunction with the Executive Director, all Federal, State, and other applicable laws and regulations related to employment and training and operational policies and procedures and advocates for said interpretation.
- Represent the MassHire Merrimack Valley WB to local employers, service providers, organizations, and public officials at the local, state, and federal level.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state WIOA regulations and requirements.
- Help the MVWB Fiscal Department oversee the contract management system and help negotiate and finalize grant documents with external funding sources.
- Review and verify the quantitative and qualitative performance reported by program managers and vendors. Recommend corrective action as required.
- Direct staff implementation of MVWB communications strategies to ensure stakeholder outreach and support.
- Monitor whether there is continuous improvement at the MVWB and Career Center. Solicits and incorporates team ideas and assistance for optimum results.
- Assume the duties, responsibilities, and authority of the Executive Director, on an interim basis, if the Executive Director’s position becomes vacant, until such time that the vacancy is filled, unless otherwise directed by the MVWB CEO.
- Other related duties as may be assigned by the MVWB Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, business administration, education, public administration, or related field is required. Eight (8) or more years of related work experience may be used as substitute for this educational requirement.
- Five or more years increasingly responsible work experience in workforce development, business administration, management, training, human resources, or related fields is required.
- Knowledge of the Workforce Development System strongly preferred.
- Grant-writing experience and Intermediate computer proficiency required.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication skills.
- Strong team-building skills.
- Bilingual/bicultural English/Spanish preferred.
POSTING DATE: Friday, November 6, 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Beverly Stopyra, Human Resources / QA Manager
MassHire Merrimack Valley Workforce Board
255 Essex Street
Lawrence, MA 01840
FAX: (978) 794-1901
-EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY-