MassHire GNB Workforce Board Training Room
@ The Quest Center for Innovation
1213 Purchase Street, New Bedford Massachusetts 02740
Virtual Reality @ The Quest Center: Mondays & Tuesdays June 14 – July 26, 2021 from 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM[no class week of July 4th].
Hands on Welding @ Greater New Bedford Vocational Technical Institute: Mondays & Tuesdays August 2 – 10 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
CALL THE AT THE MASSHIRE GREATER NEW BEDFORD CAREER CENTER
CONTACT: TRICIA O’BRIEN 508.990.4119
This virtual & hands-on course is designed to give students a basic understanding of metal fabrication and welding. The student will have the opportunity to learn by doing. The following areas will be covered:
- Fabrication equipment, hand tools & shop safety
- Welding processes GMAW (MIG), GTAW (TIG) and SMAW (Stick)
- Weld wire and consumables
- Weld techniques, Joint types & positions
- Torch cutting processes – plasma & oxy-acetylene
- Material identification
- Class Portfolio and Resume review.
- Be present every day and be on time
- Serious, committed and ready for work upon completion of the program – placement assistance is provided
- Basic math, reading and writing skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ages 18+ and high school diploma or equivalent