As the state works with federal and local partners to build on existing plans to deal with the Coronavirus or COVID 19, Governor Charlie Bakers shares this information in an effort to to keep people safe and informed.
These simple precautions will also help prevent the spread of the flu and other respiratory illnesses:
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze, using a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and warm water frequently and use hand sanitizer.
- If you have a fever or feel sick, stay home and call your healthcare provider.
- Clean surfaces that are frequently touched such as doorknobs and countertops with household cleaning spray or wipes.
- Think ahead about how to take care of yourself and your loved ones if the virus starts to spread.
- Get the flu vaccine – it is not too late!
And a printable factsheet is available here: https://www.mass.gov/doc/english-2019-novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-0/download
The latest Centers for Disease Control information about COVID-19 is available here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Additionally, MEMA’s Office of Preparedness and Emergency Management has posted helpful recommendations for what individuals can do to prepare for potential emergencies. That information is available here: mass.gov/KnowPlanPrepare
Everyone should practice good personal hygiene as outlined above.