The Greater New Bedford Workforce Development Board creates and sustains powerful connections between businesses and job seekers through a statewide network of employment professionals. This position is responsible for performing duties related to performance monitoring of WIOA programs. Additional Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. The successful candidate will support workforce board directors through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Starting Salary $20.91/HR.
- Schedules and plans all monitoring activities for contracts and vendors
- Reviews all contracts, previous monitoring reports and documents to obtain necessary background for future monitoring plans
- Meets with contractors, key MassHire Division of Career Services Field Management & Oversight [MHDCSFMO] personnel regarding annual monitoring schedules
- Adheres to MHDCSFMO program monitoring tools in accordance with regulatory statutes and guidance
- Provides technical assistance to programs, vendors, and internal stakeholders and provides guidance concerning the implementation of internal controls for compliance
- Recommends and reports on corrective action plans and follow up as necessary
- Prepares written reports, detail findings and conclusions of monitoring visits
- Maintains all records, files and manuals related to monitoring
- Assist with meeting preparation as directed by Human Resources Director [HRD)
- Record accurate minutes of all meetings.
- Retrieve mail from mail box, open, sort, log, date stamp and distribute as appropriate.
- Answer and direct telephones calls from the general mail line.
- Trips as necessary to the MassHire Career Center for shredding and other deliveries from staff.
- Perform other duties or projects as assigned
- Knowledge of Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) policies, procedures and reporting requirements.
- Experience monitoring WIOA files for completeness and accuracy.
- Knowledge of WIOA exit and follow-up procedures and auditing practices.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Business with 3 years’ related experience in monitoring or Bachelors’ Degree in Business with 2 years experience.in program management
- Auditing experience is helpful but not required
- Ability to meet project deadlines and generate reports
- Ability to plan, schedule and execute assigned tasks
- Ability to exercise discretion in decision-making and handle confidential information
- Ability to listen, observe, and generate solutions
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to operate office equipment, including multi-line telephone, fax and copy machine.
Regular local travel is expected of the position for meetings and vendor monitoring.
The MassHire Greater New Bedford Workforce Board offers a comprehensive benefit package including: medical, dental, vision, life holiday, paid time off and 457(b) retirement option.
Please email resume to:
Deborah Meggison, HR Director