Job Title: EMPLOYER ENGAGEMENT & OUTREACH COORDINATOR
Reports to: (GNBWB) – Youth Industry Sector Coordinator & Interim Youth Program Manager
Classification: Non-Exempt Contract Position
Location: Greater New Bedford Workforce Board (GNBWB)
Date Range: October 2021 – June 30, 2022
Connecting Activities (CA) is a Department of Elementary and Secondary Education initiative that leverages a statewide infrastructure to support college and career readiness for all students. CA is a line item in the state budget that establishes public-private partnerships through the sixteen (16) local MassHire Workforce Boards to connect schools and businesses. The initiative provides structured work-based learning experiences for students that support both their academic and employability skill attainment.
Connecting Activities enables staff to recruit employers; prepare and place students in brokered work-based learning opportunities; and structure those experiences through the Massachusetts Work-Based Learning Plan. Through CA, students participate in a range of career-related activities that increase their career readiness and support their academic skill gain.
Duties and responsibilities of the Coordinator of Workforce Programs include providing administrative support to the Youth Program Manager & Connecting Activities Coordinator to ensure efficient operation of the program.
- Connect with local companies to develop work-based learning opportunities for the Greater New Bedford region’s youth.
- Develop a structure for communication for companies, schools, and local organizations to better support youth.
- Collaborate in developing solid internship structure pipeline with individual schools, to identify placements, communicate with employers, and build a resource base and reference to guide all involved through the internship process.
- Identify, recruit local businesses
- Promote the Youth Program to teachers, students, and parents.
- Organize the work-site and present program policies and procedures to students to prepare them for a successful internship experience.
- Provide workshops, in collaboration with the Youth Team, such as resumes/cover letters, career exploration, interest identification, etc…
- Weekly monitoring, evaluating students and employers at the work sites. Monitor timesheets and internship forms.
- Engage in the outreach and public relations necessary to promote the MassHire Youth Program.
- Create Work Plan at the end of the week highlighting duties performed that week to submit to the Board.
- Other duties as mutually agreed upon by the Youth Program Manager & Connecting Activities Coordinator.
- Associates Degree
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to operate office equipment, including multi-line telephone, fax machine, copy machine
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to pass a CORI
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years’ experience in sales/networking with employer decision makers
- Strong social media experience
- Bi-lingual – Spanish speaking preferred
This is a full time, grant funded, non-benefitted, contract position. Continuation beyond June 30, 2022 is solely based on available grant funds.
If interested please forward resume to: Deborah Meggison, Director of Operations @ Deborah@mhgnb.com