This individual reports to the Apprentice Integration Manager [AIM] at the Mass Hire Greater New Bedford Workforce Board. Under the direction of the AIM, the Apprenticeship Assistant will provide support to the AIM as they expand Apprenticeship throughout Region 6 and 7 in the Manufacturing, Healthcare and Maritime Industries. It is the intent to transition this to a full-time position to take over the role of the AIM following a planned retirement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with Department of Apprenticeship Standard (DAS) via phone, email and proprietary systems
- Research existing job descriptions, enhance as appropriate and match to Department of Labor Apprenticeships
- Work with employers to develop work processes for non-traditional apprenticeships and guide through the approval process with DAS
- Compile and/or prepare monthly reports; meet deadlines, complete work in an accurate, thorough and timely manner
- Assist in the development of priority marketing target lists including contact information.
- Study, document, and report to AIM on any issues and news of interest from various news and workforce information sources.
- Investigate and report on apprenticeship opportunities with various expansion Industries.
- Assist AIM in maintaining strong communications with workforce partners.
- Investigate the availability of WIOA funding for OJT training wage reimbursement.
- Process paperwork of MA state tax credits for qualifying employer sponsors.
- Perform other related duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other agencies (federal, state and local), public and private agencies, community partners and associates.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, with diverse groups including the public, agency leaders, and community partners.
- Must be computer-literate and familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
- Previous work experience in business to business sales is helpful but not required.
- Ability to pass a CORI.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in Business, Project Management, or related field from an accredited college or university; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
MassHire Greater New Bedford provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MassHire Programs & Services are funded in part by US Department of Labor (USDOL) Employment and Training Administration Grants as well as non-federal funded grants. (Additional details furnished upon request.)
Interested applicants should apply with a resume and cover letter stating salary requirements by 5 PM on September 30, 2021 or until the position is fulled.. Email applications to: Deborah Meggison at email@example.com. No phone calls please.