Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Supports Executive Director (ED) and all other workforce board directors through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. This position reports to the Director of Operations (DO).
- Assist the Executive Director with file maintenance as needed.
- Assist with meeting preparation as directed by DO, to include assembly of meeting materials, emails, fax or mail meeting materials to board members, book zoom meetings, assist the DO with LiveBinder set-up.
- Take accurate minutes of all meetings to be reviewed by the DO before upload to website.
- Retrieve mail from mail box, open, sort, log, date stamp and distribute as appropriate.
- Answer and direct telephones calls from the general mail line.
- Trips as necessary to the MassHire Career Center for shredding and other deliveries from staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of the staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree a plus.
- Professional demeanor.
- Ability to operate office equipment, including multi-line telephone, fax and copy machine.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to pass a CORI
MassHire Greater New Bedford provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MassHire Programs & Services are funded in part by US Department of Labor (USDOL) Employment and Training Administration Grants as well as non-federal funded grants. (Additional details furnished upon request.)
If interested please forward resume to: Deborah Meggison, Director of Operations @ Deborah@mhgnb.com