This position has been filled.
The MassHire Greater New Bedford Workforce Board is seeking an energetic person to work up to ten area high schools developing unique career planning events tailored to their needs. You must be a self-starter who will take direction and communicate clearly with students and administrations and, love challenges. Starting salary $35,110. Close date: February 12, 2020.
Connecting Activities (CA) is a Department of Elementary and Secondary Education initiative that leverages a statewide infrastructure to support college and career readiness for all students. CA is a line item in the state budget that establishes public-private partnerships through the 16 local MassHire Workforce Boards to connect schools and businesses. The initiative provides structured work-based learning experiences for students that support both their academic and employability skill attainment.
Connecting Activities enables staff to recruit employers; prepare and place students in brokered work-based learning opportunities; and structure those experiences through the Massachusetts Work-Based Learning Plan. Through CA, students participate in a range of career-related activities that increase their career readiness and support their academic skill gain.
This position reports directly to the Youth Manager who will train the selected candidate in all aspects of the Connecting Activities Program. CA Coordinator duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to the Youth Program Manager to ensure efficient operation of the program.
- Learn all the services provided at the MassHire Career Center to be able to communicate to those services to all area schools.
- Assist in the support of the execution of each school’s career awareness, exploration, or immersion activity.
- Develop employer partnerships.
- Execute Work Based Learning Plan Activities.
- Collect and input internship and other CA data into the Commonwealth portal.
- Collaborate with partners to raise awareness of the CA program.
- Facilitate CA related training for businesses.
- Encourage businesses to sponsor year round internships as needed.
- Assist in the coordination of meetings with teachers, businesses and department heads in partnership with the Chamber and MassHire Career Center.
- Enter student/employer activity data into a software system.
- Collect internship and employer data from regional schools.
- Other duties as mutually agreed upon by the Youth Manager.
- Associates Degree; Bachelor’s preferred
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to operate office equipment, including multi-line telephone, fax machine, copy machine
- Bi-lingual – Spanish speaking preferred
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to pass a CORI
Please submit all inquiries, as well as a resume and cover letter either electronically, by mail or by faxing to:
Andrea McLaughlin, Youth Program Manager
Quest Center for Innovation
1213 Purchase Street 2nd floor
New Bedford, MA 02740-6694
Phone: 508.979.1504 Ext 119