Congratulations to MassHire Greater New Bedford Career Center team members:
- Stephanie Smith, Youth Program Lead Coordinator
- Chelsea Burke, Youth Program Manager
- and Kelly Travis, Rehabilitation Counselor at the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC)
The group is the 2020 winner of the Living MassHire award for Collaboration. As part of the MassHire Mission and Vision, one of our core values is collaboration. Specifically, we believe in the power of partnership and streamlined integration of services to achieve effective and timely results for those we serve. We are proud of Stephanie, Chelsea, and Kelly, whose teamwork truly exemplified collaboration along with all of our Mission’s core values.
Their efforts to assist a single client in connecting services offered through our Career Center and the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission led to system-wide improvements. As a result, the Career Center has implemented protocols to maximize and coordinate shared services available to our clients through the center and our partners. The MRC has now increased its outreach within the Career Center and will collaborate more closely on activities such as recruitment and career fairs. Members of the Career Center’s management have been inspired by the team’s example. This has led management to examine other systems from a counselor’s view point to implement collaborative improvements and further relations with our partner organizations.
We also wish to congratulate all statewide 2020 Living MassHire award recipients:
- Collaboration – MassHire Greater New Bedford
- Respect – MassHire Greater Lowell
- Reliability – MassHire Franklin Hampshire
- Ingenuity – MassHire Metro South/West
- Living MassHire – MassHire North Shore